Invest in quality teachers
Evidence shows that high quality teaching derives from qualified, motivated and supported teachers. The key to an effective and successful education system lies in improving the teacher´s practices, through:
- Providing policy support and funding for high quality pre-service and in-service training of early childhood educators
- Developing responsible and responsive practices that meet the needs of children and families
- Ensuring good working conditions, appropriate wages and paid time for professional development
- Creating competent Early Childhood Development systems that nurture reciprocal relationships between individuals and teams, institutions and competent governance at the policy level.
With its fifteen years of experience in the field of early childhood education and a network of more than 50 NGO´s worldwide, ISSA firmly believes that through the implementation of its Quality Resource Pack, decision makers are investing in quality teachers, making a lifelong difference for their society and the new generations.
Give your child the best start in life
As parent, you are your child´s first educator. As your child moves from home to an early education facility, building a relationship with the educators becomes important for your child´s well being. Therefore, ISSA supports parents in identifying a quality early childhood environment that should meet the following set of principles:
- Interactive learning, with constant communication between the educator and the child
- An inclusive approach to the family and the community
- Embracing inclusion, diversity and democratic values
- A teaching process that is well planned and continuously assessed
- Effective learning strategies based on the crucial role of play
- A warm, welcoming and personalized learning environment
- An ongoing professional development of the educators
ISSA firmly believes that parents are key actors in shaping an enriching environment for their children, making a difference in the lives of children, families and communities through advocating for quality education.
Early childhood educators change lives
As an early childhood educator, you are one of the child´s most important guides into his/her surrounding world, spending hours and hours daily in direct interactions with young children. As research has shown:
- The ways that educators teach strongly influence a child’s learning outcomes.
- Educators can have a positive impact on a child’s progress regardless of his/her socio-economic background and level of preparation for schooling.
- Proactive educators invest great energy on individual progress. They adapt their teaching strategies for each child and ensure warm and caring interactions all around.
- Quality educators do not see a child’s learning as a result of his/her personal strengths and capabilities alone. They take into account individual differences and acknowledge their own potential in shaping child’s learning outcomes. They do not leave the responsibility of the child’s development to the family alone.
You have the power to make a difference! In ISSA we are aware that turning educational policies into reality can be hard work. To support educators in their professional development, ISSA has developed the Quality Resource Pack through which they can find ways to broaden their skills and assess their work.
To learn more, you can download the leaflets in English or Russian by clicking on the images above.
For further information do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org