The culmination of many years of work in defining and promoting quality pedagogy, ISSA’s Quality Resource Pack addresses the needs of early childhood education systems to set up a quality framework for early childhood practices and tools for mentoring, assessing and improving them. This is a comprehensive set of tools, which aims to:
- better serve children and their families by improving the quality of services
- support preschool and primary school practitioners to improve their everyday performance through the principles of learner-centered, interactive pedagogy, development of life-long learning skills, self-reflection and cooperation with colleagues/peers, families and communities
- inform different stakeholders about the need for quality and engage them in dialogue about quality, in order to inspire and help build better education systems.
The foundation of the resource pack is presented in Competent Educators of the 21st Century: Principles of Quality Pedagogy, developed by early childhood development and education professionals from ISSA member organizations with input from experts from around the world. Download the publication in English, Russian, Spanish and French.
The accompanying set of resources consists of:
- Putting Knowledge into Practice: A Guidebook for Educators on ISSA's Principles of Quality Practice
- Professional Development Tool for Improving Quality of Practices in Kindergarten / Professional Development Tool for Improving Quality of Practices in Primary School
- An Online Video Library on Quality Pedagogy
- An Online Course for preschool teachers
- Instrument for Assessing Quality Practices in Early Childhood Education Services for Children from 3 to 10 Years Old
- Leaflets advocating for quality in early childhood services (targeting educators, parents and policy makers)
- Roads to Quality. Strengthening Professionalism in Early Childhood Education and Care Services (A guidebook illustrating the multiple use of the resources in the Quality Resource Pack)
Each of the resources from the set can be used individually and/or in combination with others.
Given its complex and systemic approach to quality, the pack provides the opportunity to address a wide range of target audiences, such as: educators (individuals or professional communities), pre-service and in-service training institutions, parents (individuals or associations), communities, policy makers, education authorities, pre-school/school administrators, evaluators, researchers, mass media, as well as the general public. Specific ways of addressing different audiences, as well as ways of introducing the resource pack or its individual resources, need to be carefully explored by those working with the resources.
ISSA and its member organizations are open to exploring cooperation with others who are interested in working with these resources to improve the quality of practices in early childhood education services. Those who are interested are encouraged to contact ISSA at firstname.lastname@example.org
The resources in ISSA's Quality Resource Pack have been developed with generous support from the Open Society Foundations.
This set of tools is made available to ISSA members, on the basis of a license agreement. For more information: contact, email@example.com