- The Dutch NGO ICDI, together with three other ISSA members, VBJK (Belgium), Comenius Foundation (Poland) and the Educational Research Institute (Slovenia) has published a new toolkit to help implement learning workshops involving children (birth to 8 years) and older people.
- The document "Early Childhood Development: The Foundation of Sustainable Human Development for 2015 and beyond” was presented at a side event during the 11th session of the UN’s Open Working Group.
- It is time to help policy and decision-makers understand the importance of Early Childhood Development to global development.
- Three more members from The Netherlands and two from Bulgaria have just joined the network, contributing to expanding ISSA’s presence across Europe.
After the incorporation of 15 new members two months ago, ISSA is proud to welcome five more organisations focused on early childhood development from The Netherlands and Bulgaria. ISSA’s Board has recently accepted the following applications:
- On this special date, when many of its members from Eastern Europe celebrate Children’s Day, ISSA takes the opportunity to stress how relevant play, exploration and well-being are for the development of each child. Every day should be celebrated as children’s day!
- ISSA has joined the open letter sent to the European Council and signed by tens of NGO’s, children’s ombudspersons of Europe and the United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child.
- Every child should have its rights secured in the European Union, especially those who live in vulnerable situations like asylum seekers or unaccompanied migrant children.
- The Center for Innovations in Education (CIE) has organized a training on policy making for researchers and experts as part of the Education Reform Strategy foreseen by the government.
ISSA’s member in Azerbaijan, the Center for Innovations in Education (CIE), together with the Caucasus Research Resource Center of Azerbaijan have implemented a training on policy making to education experts and researchers who will take part in the future education reform and policy planning at country level.
- The manual and its practicum offer alternative ways to make preschool education accessible to a larger number of children that still remain outside the mainstream system.
- Two ISSA full members, the CIP - Center for Interactive Pedagogy from Serbia and VBJK from Belgium, through close collaboration, played a crucial role in the development of the manual and its practicum.
- The deadline for the submission of proposals for ISSA’s 2014 Conference has been extended to May 30.
In response to the requests received from several participants, ISSA is pleased to inform that the deadline for the submission of proposals has been extended two more weeks. Interested applicants are invited to fill in the form following the guidelines on the conference website. On June 30 the Conference Program Committee will announce the selected proposals.
- The conference took place in Bucharest, Romania, on April 7-8, bringing together close to 250 participants from Europe and Central Asia.
Under the theme Strengthening Early Childhood Education Systems: Investing Early to Ensure Effective Learning, the seventh World Bank Europe and Central Asia Education Conference gathered education experts and policy makers in a learning forum in which ISSA has actively participated.
Let’s put early childhood development at the heart of the UN post-2015 development agenda!