Contact ISSA Member
SOS Children’s Villages International
SOS Children’s Villages, as an independent non-governmental social development organisation takes action for children by respecting their varying religions, cultures. It is focused in the countries and communities at need and fully works in the spirit of the United Nations Conventions on the Rights of the Child.
Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security.
We build families for children in need, we help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities.
• Our family approach in the SOS Children's Village is based on four principles: Each child needs a mother, and grows up most naturally with brothers and sisters, in their own house, within a supportive village environment.
• We enable children to live according to their own culture and religion, and to be active members of the community.
• We help children to recognise and express their individual abilities, interests and talents.
• We ensure that children receive the education and skills training that they need to be successful and contributing members of society.
• We share in community life and respond to the social development needs of society's most vulnerable children and young people.
• We establish facilities and programmes that aim to strengthen families and prevent the abandonment of children.
• We join hands with community members to provide education and health care, and respond to emergencies.
Our core values are:
• COURAGE: We take action
• COMMITMENT: We keep our promises
• TRUST: We believe in each other
ACCOUNTABILITY: We are reliable partners