Are you an organization working in Early Childhood Development? Find out the benefits of an ISSA membership and join us! ISSA unites and supports organizations, promoting high-quality and equity in early years services. We are a vibrant network focused on improving Early Childhood Development services. As a network, we build a critical mass to contribute to the field of Early Childhood Development.
We build capacity, a community and we increase visibility for our members
• have access to the latest knowledge and research from the Early Childhood Development field.
• have increased visibility by sharing your news across platforms and social media channels.
• attend our thematic meetings and receive a discount for our international conference.
• attend professional development workshops and training.
We share knowledge
• have access to an extensive library of resources developed by ISSA and its members.
• stay up to date about the latest Early Childhood Development news and trends through electronic newsletters.
• learn about the activities of ISSA members.
• receive news about international coalitions hosted by ISSA, such as Romani Early Years Network (REYN) and the Early Childhood Workforce Initiative.
We facilitate joint action
• join forces with other ISSA members and collaborate in Peer Learning Activities.
• cooperate with ISSA via its extensive list of projects.
• discover new partners to share and enforce good practices and joint proposals.
• learn about new funding opportunities
Is ISSA for you?
ISSA invites non-profit organizations, academic - and educational entities, foundations, associations and private companies with a social mission and with a footprint in early childhood development to join as Full Members.
Full Members have voting rights to all ISSA’s elected bodies. ISSA’s Council consists of Full Members and influences ISSA by designing programs, setting priorities and voting on strategy and policy. Full Members are encouraged to participate in the governance of the organization by voting for and serving on the Board, Program Committee, Membership Committee and other bodies.
Government departments, public bodies and other agencies are welcome to join us as Affiliate Members
Affiliate Members do not have voting rights, but are encouraged to attend ISSA Council Meetings to help improve and empower our network strength and knowledge transfer.
Criteria for membership
Members may be an organization that:
- Is legally established in accordance with the laws of its respective country;
- Pursues public interest;
- Has a mission which is aligned with ISSA’s focus on young children, reflecting ISSA’s values;
- Is committed to support the goals and objectives of ISSA;
- Has recognition within the country by reputable organizations or individuals;
- Has professional capacity in one of the areas related to ISSA’s strategic goals;
- Has good governance: e. g. oversight by a qualified, independent Board of Directors;
- Has good financial management: the organization must successfully pass annual audits;
- Has full disclosure: transparent fundraising and information about activities, donors, summary reports of income and expenses;
- Has signed a Letter of Commitment.
For more details on the criteria for membership and other membership issues, please review this document.
Membership is available to organizations with legal personality and to organizational categories as designated by the Council, who can demonstrate that they are able to meet the criteria outlined in ISSA’s Statutes and Internal Regulations. Applications are reviewed by the Membership Committee: particular attention is paid to the applicant’s adherence to ISSA’s values and potential to contribute to the goals of the ISSA network. Members are admitted following approval by the ISSA Board, and to be ratified by the Council at the next Council Meeting.
Annual Membership Fees
ISSA’s membership fees are adapt to the annual income of an organization. Fees are based upon the previous year’s financial report.
Membership fee categories are as follows:
Budget under 250.000 EUR 250
Budget between 250.000–500.000 EUR 500
Budget over 500.000 EUR 700
250 EUR for organizations with budget under 250.000 EUR
500 EUR for organizations with budget above 250.000 EUR
*Applications will be reviewed by the Membership Committee and subsequently by the ISSA Board. The decision of the Board is thereafter ratified by the Council.
If you have questions concerning the approval process, please contact our Membership Officer email@example.com